The Senate also wants to inform you that we are supporting our first generation students. We ask faculty, especially first generation faculty members, to come out and support our students who are the first in their families to go to college. The first event is August 26th in the Commonwealth Ballroom from 3 to 4 p.m.:
Senators – our last Faculty Senate Meeting of the academic year is tomorrow, May 3, 2016, from 4-6 p.m. at Larrick Center, Court End Ballroom, MCV.
- Call to order – Holly Alford
- Minutes April 5th meeting – Scott Street (10 mins.)
- Guest: Budget update – Scott Street and Brian Daugherity (20 mins.)
- Senate Business
- Elections – June Nicholson (10 mins.)
- Shared Governance Update – Mary Secret (20 mins.)
- Resolution for David Fauri – Mary Secret and June Nicholson (10 mins.)
- President’s Report Holly Alford
- Change in HR and Evaluations (10 mins.)
- BOV Luncheon
- Committee Chairs
- Roundtable Discussion: Goals for next Year – Holly Alford and Scott Street
Faculty: as you are aware, the Title IX training called “Not Anymore” with additional content for employees is required of all employees — faculty and staff as well as student workers and part-time wage employees. It will take approximately 45 minutes to complete and should be completed by April 30, 2016 in honor of Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Access the employee Title IX training.
VCU is also embracing the Denim Day Campaign as part of Sexual Assault Awareness Month. To show solidarity with survivors at VCU and across the globe, all faculty and staff are encouraged to wear blue jeans to work on Wednesday, April 27th, 2016. Throughout April, a number of events will be occurring in honor of Sexual Assault Awareness Month. The Wellness Resource Center offers on-campus, confidential support for survivors and allies of survivors who have experienced sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking.
Agenda for the full Senate meeting on April 5 at Monroe Park Campus Student Commons Forum Room from 4-6 p.m.:
- Call to order – Holly Alford
- March 1 Minutes – Scott Street (5 mins.)
- Climate Survey – Kathleen Shaw (15 mins.)
- Shared Governance – Holly Alford (10 mins.)
- Nominations Report – June Nicholson (5 mins.)
- Provost Report – Dr. Gail Hackett (10 mins.)
- President’s Report – Holly Alford (10 mins.)
- a. Faculty Campaign
- b. Diversity plan
- Faculty Luncheon with the Board of Visitors — Cathy Trower’s Presentation
- Academic Freedom Discussion– Holly Alford and Scott Street (30 mins)
- New Business – Scott Street
Via the Provost’s website:
This month I celebrated my one-year anniversary as provost and vice president for academic affairs at Virginia Commonwealth University! This is an amazing university.
In the spirit of transparency I’m launching the Provost’s Weekly Update (online at http://provost.vcu.edu/engage/news-and-updates/provost-updates/) to provide regular updates on activities within academic affairs at VCU as well as current issues or events related to academic affairs. I hope that, in addition to keeping you better informed, this communications approach will encourage discussions with me, the academic leadership team and each other. Remember, you can always contact me through email (email@example.com) and via Twitter (@VCUprovost).