VCU’s Staff Senate is sponsoring the 2014 Marquita Aguilar Walk-A-Thon on April 10, 2014, on the VCU Monroe Park Campus. Registration is open now. All administration, faculty, staff, students, alumni, retired faculty and community sponsors are invited to participate.
From the Walk-A-Thon website:
Each Spring, the VCU Staff Senate sponsors an annual Walk-A-thon to raise funds for the Virginia’s Caring University Scholarship, an undergraduate award for juniors and seniors in financial need with a grade point average of 2.7 or better. Since beginning the program in 2005, the scholarship has helped approximately 88 undergraduate students continue their education and graduate from VCU by raising more than $77,000 cumulatively from the VCU and VCU Health System communities.
As a follow-up to the Faculty Senate meeting yesterday, below is a summary of the SACSCOC recommendations from Provost Bev Warren.
The SACSCOC Reaffirmation Committee has provided a draft of its final report following the February 11-13 on-site visit. The SACSCOC liaison was pleased to confirm that VCU will be recommended for reaffirmation of its regional accreditation. The SACSCOC team was very complimentary of the commitment and dedication of the VCU faculty, staff and administration, particularly with regard to our commitment to student success. The submitted draft report included four recommendations that must be addressed in a follow up response. None of the recommendations were in the areas of core or federal requirements. The university has five months to submit its response to the identified recommendations, and a final SACSCOC report will be submitted to the institution by December 2014 at which time VCU will receive a formal decision on reaffirmation.
The four recommendations included the following:
1. Standard 3.2.13 Institutional Entities
- The committee recommends that the institution demonstrate that the fund raising activities of each of its separately organized entities are defined in a formal written manner which assures that those activities further the mission of the institution.
2. Standard 188.8.131.52 Institutional Effectiveness, Administrative support services
- The institution should provide documentation that it assesses the extent it achieves expected outcomes for administrative support services and that it uses the resulting data to make continued improvements.
3. Standard 3.3.2 Quality Enhancement Plan
- The institution must demonstrate that it has the institutional capability for the initiation, implementation and completion of the QEP in its current version.
4. Standard 3.3.2 Quality Enhancement Plan
- The institution must demonstrate that it has identified goals and outcomes, and a clear path to assess the extent to which the goals and outcomes are achieved.
See you next Tuesday March 4 from 4-6 p.m. at the Larrick Center Court End Ballroom on the MCV campus.
Agenda for the March 4, 2014 meeting:
- Approval of
- New Senate Members Wilder School
- Report of the Nominations Committee
- Action Item:
- For Information:
- Staff Senate Walk-a-thon
- Provost’s Update
- A and P Task Force update
- Great Place Initiative update
- Board of Visitors update
- Provost’s Search update
We’ve posted the agenda for the January and February meetings of the Faculty Senate Leadership Group on the meetings page. This month’s meeting is tomorrow, Tuesday, 2/18 from 4-6 p.m. at Larrick’s Church Hill room.
On the docket for tomorrow:
- Review of agenda items (June Nicholson)
- Draft minutes of January 28 and February 4 (Mary Secret)
- BOV Report Next Meeting (David Fauri)
- Nominations Committee (David Fauri)
- A and P Task Force Update (Scott Street)
- SACS On-Site Update: (June Nicholson, Scott Street and Mary Secret)
- Senate Meeting February 4 with President Rao (and other VCU faculty)
- UC Faculty Affairs Update (June Nicholson)
- Agenda March 4 Meeting: Resolution on Faculty-Specific Issues and other items
The Faculty Senate will host its yearly meeting with President Michael Rao Tuesday, February 4, from 4-6 p.m. in the Student Commons Theater, MPC. He will make remarks and address questions from the Senate and other VCU faculty.
All VCU faculty are invited. Please plan to attend and encourage your faculty colleagues to attend as well!
Light snacks and refreshments will be served.
Update February 3, 2014: