Senators, welcome to the new academic year! The Faculty Senate meets September 1 at 4 p.m. in the Monroe Park Campus University Commons Forum Room.
We have a full agenda which includes both VCU President Dr. Michael Rao and our Provost Dr. Gail Hackett.
If you are new Senator, please come for an information session prior to our meeting at 3:15 p.m. in the Forum Room.
The Office of Continuing and Professional Education hosts Conversational Spanish, French, Italian, German and Chinese classes beginning the week of Aug. 31, through the week of Dec. 14, for one academic credit. Tuition waiver or education assistance may be used by those who qualify.
To determine eligibility, contact your human resources department.
More information about registration is on the OCPE website, or contact Ashley Murphy at email@example.com or (804) 828-1322 for more information.
From the office of the Vice Provost for Academic and Faculty Affairs: Please forward this information to all the faculty and students in your networks. The academic calendar has been updated for the UCI Road World Championships this September.
Wednesday, August 19, 2015 is the first day of classes on the Monroe Park Campus. Classes held on this first Wednesday will be the classes normally scheduled for Mondays during the rest of the semester. The first meeting for Wednesday classes will be August 26.
- Wednesday, Aug 19: Monday schedule
- Thursday, Aug 20: Thursday schedule
- Friday, Aug 21: Friday schedule
- Monday, Aug 24: Monday Schedule
- Tuesday, Aug 25: Tuesday Schedule
- Wednesday, Aug 26: Wednesday Schedule
- Thursday, Aug 27: Thursday Schedule
- Friday, Aug 28: Friday Schedule
Students registered for any classes that meet on Mondays will be informed of this schedule by the Registrar’s Office/Strategic Enrollment Management.
Please direct questions to Juanita Sharpe.
Senators, our next meeting is next Tuesday, May 5, from 4-6 p.m. in the Court End Ballroom at Larrick Center, MCV Campus. This is the final meeting of the Senate for the 2014-15 academic year.
Agenda (also available as PDF):
- Procedural Items (5 minutes)
- VCU Policies and Procedures: Madelyn Wessel, General Counsel (25 minutes)
- Richmond Bike Race September 2015: Adam Crowe, Director Emergency Management (15 minutes)
- Division of Inclusive Excellence:Vice President Wanda Mitchell (20 minutes)
- Michael Davis, Interim Associate Vice Provost Academic and Faculty Affairs (for Provost Gail Hackett) (10 minutes)
Board of Visitor Faculty Report for May 2015: David Fauri (10 minutes)
- 2015 Elections Report: Scott Street (5 minutes)
- Faculty Senate Budget Resolutions March 31:June Nicholson (10 minutes)
- Recognitions: June Nicholson (10 minutes)
- President’s Report
Here’s the agenda for the Senate leadership group meeting meeting today, Tuesday April 21, from 4-6 p.m. in the Church Hill Room, Larrick Center, MCV.
- Minutes of March 31 meeting: Mary Secret
- Senate officer transition-Summer
- LG retreat August 2015: June and LG
- May 5 agenda planning: June and LG
- Update Senate resolutions March (June, David and Holly)
- Faculty Senate of Virginia