Faculty, please consider nominating people who would be eligible for these awards:
The annual Presidential Awards for Community Multicultural Enrichment recognize contributions and efforts made toward enhancing the goals of inclusive excellence and VCU’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
PACME Award categories
- Administrator award: Administrators and those who hold professional faculty appointments are eligible
- Classified and hourly staff award: Classified staff and hourly employees are eligible
- Faculty award: All instructional faculty are eligible
- Student award: Individual students and student organizations are eligible
Nomination form for PACME awards – due 2/24
Since 1982, VCU has paid formal tribute at Convocation to members of the faculty who support our mission with distinction and exemplify what is best about the University.
Distinguished faculty AWARD CATEGORIES
- Distinguished Teaching Award – One award of $3,500 and a non-monetary gift.
A recipient of this award should be recognized as being an outstanding
teacher. This may be evidenced by being an inspiration to students, by
utilizing stimulating techniques, materials and methods designed to
promote learning, by outstanding attention to the development of
curriculum, learning materials and teaching strategies, by serving in a
teaching capacity outside the classroom and University or by any
combination of the above.
- Distinguished Scholarship Award – One award of $3,500 and a non-monetary gift.
A recipient of this award should be recognized as an outstanding scholar,
as scholarship is defined in his/her discipline. The individual should
have demonstrated a pattern of productive scholarly activity which has
been recognized nationally or internationally, as appropriate.
Traditional research, creative endeavors and other scholarly activity are
included in this category.
- Distinguished Service Award – One award of $3,500 and a non-monetary gift.
A recipient of this award should have performed superior service to the
University, the profession and/or the wider community. This may be
evidenced by activities which extend beyond normal expectations,
unique contributions or long-standing leadership and impact on the
University and beyond
- Outstanding Early Career Faculty Award – One award of $3,500 and a non-monetary gift.
Open to all full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty at the rank of
Associate Professor, and below. A recipient of this award should have been in rank at VCU, or at another institution, for a total of five years or less. A recipient of this award should have achieved superior accomplishment consistent with the Quest for Distinction, and in the areas of teaching, research and scholarship, and service.
- Outstanding Term Faculty Award – One award of $3,500 and a non-monetary gift.
Open to all part-time or full-time (or collateral or adjunct) faculty at the
rank of Instructor and higher who have at least three consecutive years
of employment at VCU. A recipient of this award should have achieved superior accomplishment consistent with the Quest for Distinction, and in the areas of teaching and service.
- University Award of Excellence – One award of $5,000 and a non-monetary gift.
A recipient of this award should have performed in a superior manner in
teaching, scholarly activity and service as described above. This award is
one of the highest honors the University can bestow on one of its faculty
and is awarded only to an exceptional individual.