The Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs will host two town hall meetings to discuss the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) for SACS-COC reaffirmation of accreditation:
- The first meeting is Monday, Nov. 18, at 3 p.m. in the University Student Commons Theater.
- The second is Tuesday, Nov. 19, at 9 a.m. in the Larrick Student Center, Court End Ballroom A.
The university community will have the opportunity to ask questions, offer input and seek clarification from the QEP co-directors and the QEP Steering Committee. For more information, contact Kathleen Blankenship at email@example.com or (804) 828-6162.
Please review the agenda for the November Faculty Senate meeting this coming Tuesday, November 5 from 4-6 p.m. in the Student Commons Forum Room.
Should you be unable to attend Tuesday’s meeting, please make sure to contact an alternate to come in your place, so that your unit is represented.
- Update and Presentation Online Education by Provost Bev Warren and Gardner Campbell, Vice Provost For Learning Innovation and Student Success
- Update University IT Task Force
- GPI Report and next steps
- Report on Corporate Sponsored Research
- Travel Services
- Campus Security
- President’s Report
Provost’s update: Dr. Bev Warren updated us on Quest for Distinction, including University Level Initiatives for 2013-2014. Here is the slide show Dr. Warren presented. We’ve also embedded it below.
David Hanson – Budget update: Dr. Hanson shared some slides from the VCU Budget 101 presentation. The full Budget 101 presentation is available from budget.vcu.edu.
Welcome back, Senators! The first meeting of the University Faculty Senate is Tuesday, September 3, from 4-6 p.m. in the VCU Student Commons Forum Room, Monroe Park Campus.
For new members
Please make sure you attend the new Senator orientation at 3:15 p.m. Tuesday in the Commons Forum Room, just prior to the first Senate meeting.
Please review the the Minutes from the April 30 meeting (DOCX) and the Agenda for Tuesday’s meeting [PDF]:
- The Senate will be addressing priorities for this academic year.
- David Hanson, senior vice president and chief operating officer, will provide important updates regarding financial and operational issues.
- Provost Bev Warren and William King, the new ombudsman for VCU, will join us.
- Members of the Senate will have the opportunity to sign up for committees.
Here are the agenda and attachments for Tuesday’s meeting:
Location note: The meeting will be held in the Perkinson Building, Room 3121, on the MCV Campus.