Join us Tuesday, April 1, at 4 p.m. in the Student Commons Theater, Monroe Park Campus. This month’s meeting will be a joint Business Session and Reception for Provost Beverly J. Warren.
Additionally, please review the document outlining the opportunity for the Senate each year to help fill vacancies on the University Promotion and Tenure Policy Review Committee and the University Promotion and Tenure Appeal Committee.
The Faculty Senate Leadership Group is meeting tomorrow, Tuesday March 18 from 4-6 p.m. in the Alumni Board Room of the Student Commons, MPC.
- Draft minutes from March Senate meeting (Mary Secret)
- Agenda April 1 Senate Meeting (Group)
- Change of Meeting Location April 1 Senate Meeting (Mary Secret and June Nicholson)
- Joint Senate Business Meeting and Reception for Provost Warren Tuesday, April 1, Commons Theater, MPC (Group)
- Election process April 1 Senate Meeting (Group)
- Senate leadership participation formal review President Rao via 2011 BOV policy (June Nicholson)
- Grievance Panel Update (Marilyn Miler)
- Senate Bylaws Revision Update (Scott Street)
- Academic Unit Listserv issue (Allen Lee)
See you next Tuesday March 4 from 4-6 p.m. at the Larrick Center Court End Ballroom on the MCV campus.
Agenda for the March 4, 2014 meeting:
- Approval of
- New Senate Members Wilder School
- Report of the Nominations Committee
- Action Item:
- For Information:
- Staff Senate Walk-a-thon
- Provost’s Update
- A and P Task Force update
- Great Place Initiative update
- Board of Visitors update
- Provost’s Search update
We’ve posted the agenda for the January and February meetings of the Faculty Senate Leadership Group on the meetings page. This month’s meeting is tomorrow, Tuesday, 2/18 from 4-6 p.m. at Larrick’s Church Hill room.
On the docket for tomorrow:
- Review of agenda items (June Nicholson)
- Draft minutes of January 28 and February 4 (Mary Secret)
- BOV Report Next Meeting (David Fauri)
- Nominations Committee (David Fauri)
- A and P Task Force Update (Scott Street)
- SACS On-Site Update: (June Nicholson, Scott Street and Mary Secret)
- Senate Meeting February 4 with President Rao (and other VCU faculty)
- UC Faculty Affairs Update (June Nicholson)
- Agenda March 4 Meeting: Resolution on Faculty-Specific Issues and other items
Here is a follow-up to the presentation that Dr. Joan Pellegrini gave at the Faculty Senate’s Dec. 3 meeting regarding the proposed resolution on domestic partner benefits.
In her presentation, Dr. Pellegrini noted that the College of William and Mary and George Mason University recently approved resolutions supporting domestic partner benefits for same-sex couples. Here are copies of those resolutions:
Here is the text of the resolution proposed by the Faculty Senate’s Affirmative Action Committee, which Dr. Pellegrini chairs.